Friday, June 08, 2007

i remembered my promise to my cid pal that i would get him some japanese tien lor or the water escargot.
i told my pal i need to get some snails. we went to the aquariums diplay outside where they had an array assortment of live seafood.
there at the highest level tank - my jap escargots! how lucky could i be! today it was half priced!
there wasn't anyone around. me being a garang bold goon climbed up with plastic bags to help myself.
then a voice yelled from my back: HEY!!!...WHAT ARE U DOING UP THERE!!??

I turned. there below was a cute chubby guy. looked like the boss to me.
i almost reached my escargot tanks. just a couple of steps. but there on the wall, it warned:
DO NOT STEP BEYOND THIS POINT. WARNING: SLIPPERY FLOOR
oh well, i descend.
LTS, turning on my charm at the chubby boss: sorry, no one here to entertain me...i wanna buy tien lor....there up there in that highest tank. (pointed my finger to the highest spot)
cb (chubby boss not ur that ok): how many kilo u want?
LTS: huh?...kilo?..u joiking is it?...i need only 4 or 5 snails...i need it to graze away the algae of my fishtank...very good and efficient algae removers u know...
cb: huh, lei yao mo kor cho?....(u something wrong is it?)
LTS: dui mm chui...sorry ya...last time i got 2 here...but one committed suicide. it climbed out of the tank and fell. the shell cracked and it kwa chor..(means died)
cb:.....haahahahahaha....so how many u want now?
LTS: er...4 will do lah...half price right?
cb:...no!...half price u eat here. take away live of dead is only less 30%...how still want?
LTS: ok lor...(smiled and shoot bak at him lovingly.....;9)
cb called one of the chinaman worker to climb up and get me 4 snails. after that he tied it up neatly and passed to me.
LTS: kei tor chin...how much?
cb: mmm kan yew...peh lei lor...hahaha....(smiled)
LTS: tor chay sai.!!!...thank you very much (one last shoot bak at him....;9)
cb gave me the snails..FREE OF CHARGE!!....

No comments: