Tuesday, January 17, 2006

FOO HAN CHAN MONASTERY, HERE I COME

last sat, like i mentioned before, i took mrt to aljunied mrt station to look for FOO HAI CHAN MONASTERY....the territory of botak. it was an arduous journey for me but i already anticipated it so i wore my jogging NB SHOE.

after exiting aljunied mrt, i proceeded to the nearest coffeeshop and ate ba chor meepok. drinking my teh si, i asked the ah pek how to go FHC. he said it was at geylang lor 31 and i must cross the road. it was opp from where i was. so after topped up my tummy tank and drank my teh si, i crossed to the opp side of the road and walked...and walked...and walked...i started at lor 25. then hit 27, 29....and hell...my eyes feasted on the china mei-meis all along the way to lor 31...

goodness! this bunch of spider spirits were really bold. in broad daylight and they were already doing business with their pimps. i was attracted by a majestic temple at lor 29 so i detoured in. along the way, parked some stalled cars....with MEI MEI spider spirits inside with their pimp. they winked at me...of course, as courtesy, i winked back...then hell! the pimp also wink at me...er...what was i suppose to do? winked back lor....hahahaha....so so cute...so so pretty...lucky goonie me is immuned to spider spirit's temptation if not...mati sure got eaten up alive....

i reached this TUA PEK KONG temple. very grand. very nice. went in and asked the kindly caretaker where was FHC. hell! he didn't know! and he anyhow pointed and asked me go try lor 31. ok lor...i went to lor 31. goodness! so many spider spirits leaning at lamp posts...winking at me....so out of courtesy...i winked back, lor and proceeded.

on reaching lor 31.....shit! where got FHC? spider spirits aplenty....but no FHC. having no choice....i approached a motherly spider spirit...i mean she looked kindly motherly type...n sure enough, my senses guided me well...she was a kind heart spider spirit and she directed me. she told me in slang mandarin that i was suppose to cross back the road to the other side and follow the mrt track. it would lead me to FHC.

JACKPOT!! true enough, the mrt track led me to FHC finally. it was at geylang east ave 2. hell! those bloody ah peks anyhow pointed me to HOLLAND...i.e merry go round...

it was a really grand sight this FHC. greyish majestic structure. beautiful...this temple was gorgeous!! i loved it! i entered. took off my shoes and entered the main worship hall. quite empty only a lady there. so i very clever....i sat on a spot right behind on the right hand side.

infront of me was an awesome 3 storey high thousands arms and eyes guanyin statue....very very big...very very powerful i could sense her presence. so i cool down. closed my eyes and mediate...doing a silent heart chanting....then 3 monks entered: one in yellow shirt and brown robe, one in full black and one in black shirt brown robe. they took their position and started chanting.

i was like feeling very very fortunate like i was in time to hear them chant through microphones. only me and another lady that was about all there were in this vacant hall.

after the yellow shirt monk finished chanting, the black shirt/brown robe went out carrying a small globet of water and sprinkled....then he returned. next was the young all black attired monk who armed himself 2 drum sticks and proceed to the drum up on drum to my left end. very very interesting drumming performance.

he finished. then he exited from the hall. the blackshirt/brown robe monk...goodness ...was walking towards me...i was startled. did i did something wrong. he was like coming for me.....but then almost reaching me he turned with his backside facing directly at me....and he started chanting without using the microphone....i tried to absorbed whatever he was chanting....then came the torturous part. there was a big ancient bell next to me...means only about 2 ft infront of me to my right...and he hammered it with a big mallet....gong...gong...gong...wah lau! i had it man this time! the goon now was gong gong...and gong..gong goon...hahahaha....

immediately he finished....i folded my palms bowed and prayed to the omnipotent guanyin....and something caught my eyes. i dunno whether was it because of the position i was sitting or the effect of the spotlight....but i thought i notice a sparkling diamond of a teardrop on the left eye of guanyin. i looked and i looked yes...there was a drop of tear hanging on the half opened left eyes. anyway, i left the hall so did the monk. the hall now as quite vacant......

wore back my NB shoes, i started exploring the whole premises....very tranquil very beautiful. on the right of the temple was a 5 storeys pagoda in which housed BUDDHA MAITREYA...the future buddha. on arrival of this friendliest buddha spells the end of the world. so i went in and pay obeissance to MAITReYA..

NEXT, i remembered botak's favourite #23 and to ascertain he was driving a mercz, i proceeded to the basement carpark. B1 was the columbarium. i skipped...all dead peoples' tablets nothing much to see.

i proceeded downwards to B2. goodness! quite cleverly designed basement carparks and all numbered too.....something told me botak's merzc must be at lot 23. wasting no time, i headed straight for carpark #23. nO! it was vacant...meaning botak already charbok...so i exited from there to a lift landing and pressed 4th floor...all the way up to the highest floor....to see if i could meet botak just in case he might not own a mercz....

on the 4th fl was the auditorium. there were kids having their martial arts lesson. i blur blur opened a room door, there inside a bunch of lau huays having their yoga lessons.... instead of taking the lift, i walked down to 3rd floor. goodie! this is the floor where the monks reside....means botak's office or bedroom there too...no...all looked quiet. but there was a special room with a huge nice painting outside....i sensed it...must be botak's office or bedroom...was so tempted to open it...but no...din do it...i descended to the ground floor and wandered around the place.

there was a small garden and goodness.....the silly monks planted only sweet potatoes...of all the veggies, the chose the easiest to grow. maybe hor...i jus say may only hor...i could teach them to grow more challenging veggies.

ok...tahsar...don't detour from main course...ok...i steer back....hahahaha

er...that's about all my report...i will be coming here again....i got agents within who inform me that every 23 (botak's favourite #), there would be a puja...er...something like sutra chanting...then there would be veggie buffet...yum yum...ok...23 january...i mark my calender....go look for botak...so wait patiently now...by hook or by crook....i think...my affinity with botak is getting closer.....;9)

info to get to FHC: alight at ALJUNIED MRT. dun cross rd or anything....just walk under the mrt track. there is a very pleasant planted up footpath. just follow the winding foot path to reach FHC....er...about 2 bus stop distance...good luck!

AND a forummer, KEI75 post a question:
i dun usually come in here.....this has 2 be an excellent essay....boring topic yet interesting attractive....n no i'm nt referring 2 those spiders.



so, who was left in the hall.......the lady?.......next time this part change a bit, k....a bit eerie....lucky is a temple story!

my reply to him:
ya, that specky lady....what u expect...a spirit...a spider spirit...a pretty mei mei...or a ghost....joker huh u....

No comments: