Wednesday, January 04, 2006

this was the touching response i got from aussieb whom hantam me with plants question in another thread POUR UR PLANTS PROBLEM ONTO ME.....

I hope you will be able to wriggle thru with the problematic blog.
Dear Bro. Lee,
I do have quite similar 'upheavals' but don't think I have the energy and 'blain juice' to write them as you have laboriously done. Your stories in this thread are ALL for real except the saucy one you had penned for HARDRCAFE rite?
I do admire you have your stories posted here, some quite hilarious, some create "niagra falls" and some pretty much personal.
You had asked: "er...any story reviews? any comments would be welcomed, u know...hello, every sleeping again?....say something leh!"http://forums.delphiforums.com/sammyboymod/messages?msg=83628.485
So here it is; this and my previous posts together wif some regular forummers(who are not toads & tadpoles) would hopfully be regarded as positive and encouraging responses.
You said: "....my life is a really colorful, exciting and even spicy one. come to think of it, not many could ve the kind of experiences that i gone through..... i can even write a book on it...paranoma included..."Having spent the last many, many hours, keep on 'gostan and gostan' to read all the posts,I have to conclude nothing can be further from the thruth.
Looking back, I remembered visiting a temple where your former kampongBANSIEWSAN used to be. I was then a primary school boy staying with an aunt in Duxton Hill. The Duxton Hill then was infested with opium addicts and gangsters. At almost every other upstairs house there will be an opium den. The pre-war houses there are very badly maintained and most had dark and creaking stair case. Aunty and my uncle took me on a few occasions to pray at the temple. We went there around midnight on chinese new year's eve. I remembered we had to climb many many steps to reach the temple and along the steps were many beggers of all ages, shapes and sizes. I also hiked with some friends all the way to a Thai buddist temple further up.
I had studied for a short while at Kepple School in Cantonment Rd. and had a classmate staying in Silat Road 3 or 4 storey type S.I.T. flats (now must be HDB if still around). We would often walk all the way from Silat Road up to Mt.Faber to catch spiders. Wonder if kids today know what catching spiders is all about.
After few years in the city, I have to go back to my kampong in Jln Hwi Yoh off Yio Chu Kang Road. So my life in the kampong is quite similar to yours then and pai seh, pai seh, I'll simply cut and paste what you had posted:
"....our happy childhood days were filled with fun and fond memories. we would play in the longkangs to catch fishes. when it rains, lagi shiok. the wide longkang would overflow. then we could even swim in it. the main long longkang was actually a natural stream flowing down from Mt Faber. the water was crystal clear and was natural mineral water. there were plenty of fishes...like guppies, mollies and even goramis. the longkang flowed to the sea which was the keppel sea. s sometimes when it overflowed during rainy days, there were even greenish sea snakes swimming inside. if we happened to be swimming in there, the moment we see the green water serpents, every kids would start screaming and quickly jumped out of the longkangs as fast as we could....it was a hilarious sight which sent the adults into a laughing frenzy....hahaha...."
One thing tho .... our long longkang was not water flowing down from Mt.Faber. You had a blackie; my dog was call brownie! A brown colour pariah dog.
I will never forget one particular incident. One of my neighbours, few attap houses away had a damn good rambutan tree. The rambutans are one of the best and so far I hardly seen the same quality around. They were selling I think 10 fruits for 10 cents.Being penniless, few other kids and me decided to go and beg for some rambutans. The old aunty owner told us that she will give us some for free if we can go up the tree and pluck the fruits for her so that she can sell them. (Just like your leetahsar, enterprisinggrandmama). I was stupid enough to be the only hero (pai seh borrow your words.."poon pee pee") to climb the tree. I must have plucked maybe hundreds when disaster happened. The branch holding me snapped and I plunged chest down with the branch from abt 5 to 6 metres to the ground. I was carried by the old aunty and my friends into the house and this old aunty apply some ointment 'hong fa yeow' I think on my chest and legs and the excruciating pain on my chest and body was the worst I had experinced! I had laid in the folding canvas bed for few hours before I can actually gain some strength to sit up. Luckily for me, my creator thought it wasn't time for me to go yet. I live to tell this story. Like what you wrote below most of us who had experienced kampong life will be asking:
"......do ur children know how to climb a tree? no...scare fall down. do ur children dare to jump into a flooded longkang and swim inside? no ...scare drowning. do ur children ever shot down a bird on the tree? no....what about catching spiders and lizards and squirrels and bats and butterflies and yes...tiger beetles and crickets and pit them fighting against each other? no...no...no...and make catapults by cutting down the tree branches?..and make those elastic wooden guns and then using the casuarina spiky pine fruits as bullets? go to the sea and catch crabs...hermit crabs...fishes...pick corals...seashells? a big NO!...."http://forums.delphiforums.com/sammyboymod/messages?msg=83628.618
I do understand your plight when you said about your forced retirement.A forummer said: "....you are bloody entertaining i'll give you that.. so why you wanna be a monk anyway? ..."http://forums.delphiforums.com/sammyboymod/messages?msg=83628.514I am sure there will be heaps of opportunities, besides your previous experience as a 'dabor missy' and horticulturist are comparable to a qualified and licenced electrician or plumber. (These two types of skill will command about A$50.00 an hour in Ozzieland).Here in W.A., Ozzieland where I live now, the qualifications you had are much sought after. Well don't get me wrong, I'm not SamLeong wanting you to migrate. Then if you ichy ichy want to migrate, it will not be a problem for you. Die die over here you will be able to pursue what you had in mind and I quote you:"...to all the depressed and lost souls here...jobless...in between jobs...on and off jobs...lame sickening jobs....about to quiT bloodsucking jobs...no appreciative low paid humiliating jobs...etc....i FEEL FOR U ALL.....may i suggest that take this as a blessing in disguise...hopefully u can see it....enjoy this unfounded blissful period...go pamper urself...no need to spend lots of money..."
"now the official timekeeper...i keep time...time doesn't keep me any more ;9)"
http://forums.delphiforums.com/sammyboymod/messages?msg=83628.537
Auctually hor, the above you said apply to me 100%. After I had experienced some of the unpleasant episodes, quite similar to what you wrote: "...lost all my lifesaving thanks to pinkie and lau goh devious CLOB trap but now i kua phua....look open and look on the brighter side....go be a monk....maybe that's my destiny...i could help more depressed people to untie their burdened up heart knot....so i happiest goon in the world now...no more nursery to worry...no more parking woes...no more listening to customers' complains...no more stress...i would love to say HAPPY LIKE A FUCK!!! ;9)...."
I have decided like you "kua puah" everything and just hit the road with my kids and wife and moved here. Here got better seaside than the Tanjong Belayer and I have learnt bird (not the ones wif 'camel toe' pai seh borrow your words again) watching. So many types I also blur, can identify only like cockatoos, and kookaburras in my backyard. Weekends and school holidays are going for country drives, farm visits or just picnics. Just like you I love to eat...just love to eat. So eat and eat....some friends call me "bottomless pit"! Fortunately for me I did not "cracked" my molars! .... somemore don't have big spare tyre yet .. yes yet.Like I said in my post at your "POUR ALL YOUR PLANT PROBLEMS ONTO ME" thread, I eat 80% veggies and less meat most of the time.
Only thing is, sometimes I missed and think of my so call "squatter friends". They are my real buddys.
So literally what I'm doing now is, (pai seh, pai seh borrow your words again): ".....don;t ponder over the past, that's history. why worry about the future, it has yet to come. live now....this moment is what ur life is all about!..."http://forums.delphiforums.com/sammyboymod/messages?msg=83628.295
And also I fully agree with what you said here: "....THE PAST IS HISTORY, NO POINT CRYING OR LAMENTING OVER IT, THE FUTURE IS YET TO COME, NO POINT FEARING OR PLANNING FOR IT, IT WILL TAKE CARE OF ITSELF....IT IS THIS PRESENT MOMENT THAT U R LIVING NOW...SO TREASURE THIS VERY MOMENT...treasure the people around u, the air that u breathe...the sight that u r enjoying...for u won't know what would happen next the moment u step out of ur door......
BE BRAVE AND PERSERVE. REMEMBER EVERY CLOUDS HAS A SILVER LINING..AND EVERY STORMS END WITH A BRIGHTER DAY....be positive and hopeful. take it as a spiritual training to strengthen urself for further endeavours...."
Those are very encouraging and stimulating statements!!
Anyway bro. you said : "....lee the biggst goon - :)" and you declared: " 'cos i m leetahsar, the biggest goon!"http://forums.delphiforums.com/sammyboymod/messages?msg=83628.240
I'm sure you don't mean it. You definitely have enormously more wisdom and sanity than many stupid good-for-nothing 'toads' and 'tadpoles' in this world. I believe you possess and will very much treasure your self-esteem.
BTW sibeikang....literally translated: the very evil onesibeipine = ???? .... What issit?
Your dingdong brother ...robert lee or carrot lee .. & his a 4 yrs old (?) autustic boy has he got the DNA matched?
Look forward also to your : "....the ugly notorious chua sisters...mui hoong and is it bee hoong...."http://forums.delphiforums.com/sammyboymod/messages?msg=83628.580Is this another story you will be posting soon?

1 comment:

leetahsar said...

THANKS aussieb....if affinity decrees, we may just meet and maybe we can be abang/adek pals....leetahsar ;9)