Friday, December 01, 2006

PART 5: WHERE THE INSECTS STICK AND THE GECKO FLIES

my next weird pet - STICK INSECTS and FLYING LIZARD

PART 5: WHERE THE INSECTS STICK AND THE GECKO FLIES

my monster pink guava tree never failed to delight me with a hosts of surprises.

i just bucked up my courage and tried to climb it. as i was climbing, manouvering the branches with my limps, i chanced upon a funny looking stick.

i thought i saw it moved. when i paused to observe, it was motionless. then i looked closely. it appeared to be an elongated insect. IT'S A BROWN STICK INSECT!

wow!! i was thrilled. further up above me, i noticed there were another few moving sticks.

goodie!....i descended. ran into the kitchen. searched for a plastic bag and a rubber band to tie. and hurriedly climbed up the branch again to catch all the stick insects.

my grandma told me stick insects loved guava leaves. no problem. i got a whole monster tree.

i reared my stick insects in a empty aquarium and place daily fresh twigs of guava leaves for them to feed...such fun to see the slow knotty movement of the insects.

if u startled them, they just freeze and really looked like a twig from the guava branch.....;9)

one day, i was sitting on my swing in my big garden compound with the guava shading over it. i slept on the swing looking up...

ZOOM! Something just flitted across one branch to another....I though it was a fluttering of the leaves shadow...but no! there it went again - and not flick...there was something just glide over....

to be cont'd...

No comments: