Saturday, February 17, 2007

PAGE 2: suicidal patient

the spread eagle bond young guy had disappeared. the strings were loosen. he was gone!!
"male nurse!! go chase that red undies patient!! he escaped! he's suicidal!!" yelled frentically the matron.
without thinking 3 times 7 equal 21, i zoomed after him. he ran faster up the stair case to the rooftop. i zoomed faster after him...up the rooftop too.
there, he was panting and stuttering. me, what else? OUT OF BREATH!! panting like a dog!!
lts: bloody hell! get down from there and come back with me to the ward!!
i commanded him. he climbed up to the parapet ledge. shaking his outstretched arms wavering his hand at me, "stay back!....stay back!!...i jump i tell u!!"
shit!! this was just great. my first day.....;9(
lts: why u wanna die?...u so young....(bo bian must pretend to be sweet)....and damn handsome...why u wanna die?
the 'handsome' must have done some magic on him. i thought i saw a weak smirk.
red undie guy: i did wrong to my wifey.....i very sorry to her.....i just wanna die...boohoohoohoo......
lts: u die...... u do even bigger wrong. ur wife will be a widow, then how?....she may wanna to kill herself and dies with u!!.....pls lah...dun be like that...come down lah....think for ur wife if u love her....
he appeared to taken my words seriously. he pondered.
lts: today's my first day u know...dun sabo me leh.....if not i quit...and die with u too!!....
he alighted from the parapet. by now the police had also came up the roof top. in a flash, i rushed to him and grabbed him!.
he put up a weak struggle. the police caved in on him and handcuffed him. they led him away. i dunno what happen next but i know my uniform was condemned with his bodily pus which had stained my pristine white attire.....;9(
after the ordeal, returned to the ward. matron was pleased and all praises for me. she consoled me that those pus discharge was not infectious and allowed me half day off.
that ended my dramatic first day at the ward. i dunno what happened to the red undies patient. i couldn't understand what was wrong with him that he wanted to end his life at such young promising age.
but my job was not to understand what's wrong with their mind or lives. my job was there to serve the sick patient......and see them well. other than that, it's
GUAN WO PI SHI!!

No comments: