Friday, August 25, 2006

ARRIVAL OF CHOOBEEBEE, MY INDO CHIOBU

"hi bob!...it's me beebee!" an enthusiatic voice rang out of my handphone. "how are u my dear?"
"oh...that's a real surprise! when did u arrive and why din inform me earlier?"
"i m here for my medicals, love....yesterday nite i came...was tired so din call u...how's everything with u?" her voice getting more excited.
she then asked me to meet her at PARAGON cos she just done her medical at MT ELIZABETH HOSPITAL....and i was worry...WHY DID SHE NEED A MEDICAL?..SHE GOT SOME SERIOUS SICKNESS OR WHAT??
"are u ok, beebee?...what sickness u got?"
"silly dear!!...nothing wrong with me lah!..u forget i come every year this time for my whole body checkup?" ...sheesh!! what a relieve!
suppose to meet outside the GUCCI store in PARAGON...but where the hell was she?...there, descending from the escalator choobeebee - waving frantically and flashing her white toothy smile.
she hugged...i hugged her back. yes! the same bosomous warm beebee. peck! peck!....2 light kisses on each cheek....;9)....and the casual hi, how ..what etc...
then she hastily led me up the escalator again to a shop. we entered. she pointed to a funny looking bag with an even funnier name a MIU MIU...
she was hinting desperately at me to buy it...and how much was it?.....$1,600. oh my god!! and my sweat started niagra falling down my head....;9(
NO!...NO!...NO! was my firm and stern reply. she pouted. i dragged her out of the shop and asked her what would she like to eat.
DING TAI FONG....oh shit!! i was thinking of the cheaper version of xiao long bao at ZI YEAN...but no! she wanted that...ok lor! we descended to the basement, entered the taiwanese eatery and placed our order.
wow! she was really in a good mood and supped so many things...xiao long bao, fried rice, pork chop, garlic spinach, shui jiao soup....finally i got to stop her further order...THAT WOULD BE ENOUGH....THANK YOU!
we chatted about the usual things..how's her business ..and how's mind...HER, she opened up another 3 storey spas...MINE: i m retired...and no income, pai seh....
next came the bill, i looked at her. she looked at me....shit! means i got to pay...ok lor! and the bill was almost $60...;9(.
just then, my handphone rang...OH NO!! joe,the beijing teetukong called. "hi, bob! care to join me at the open cafeteria at orchard shopping centre?"....now the droplets of sweats turned to rivers...haahaha...;9)
choobeebee looked me. she was puzzled. yes, it was a terribly hot day...but not that hot that i was sweating like a fountain! "what's wrong dear?" she finally asked.
"oh...nothing...yesterday a pal from beijing dropped in to see me...er..u wanna meet up with him?"
"yes! why not...is he handsome??" she exuded her eagerness again.
my sweats was really like the hwang ho river now!...."er yes..er..but u know hor...u calm urself....when u meet him..can?" i stammered. she was blurred at my words. "well...er...he's a gay...and we were msn-ing for quite sometime and out of the blue he just pops in to see me!"
"oh is it?...haahahaahaa!...my god! u mean u r attractive to those too...haahaahaa!!" she was hilarious and grasping her tiny little waist as she laugh hysterically. "oh my god!...this i got to see man!!....and can i tackle him if i like him?" she just had to tease....;9(
soon we reached there. joe who was sitting alone at the opened air cafeteria with as usual his bottle of TIGER.
"hi, joe!....meet my indo gf, bee bee." i introduced.
joe gave a shocked dejected look. he stood up and shook beebee's hand. we sat down and soon joe's sandwich came..."u guys want any lunch?" he asked. we told him we just had ours...and we chatted. and joe wasn't happy. his jovial smile was no where in sight.
then beebee began talking to him in bahasa indonesian. joe suddenly lighten up and replied her in the same language. and me, luckily i knew some malay and understood what she was talking to him.
she told him i was her bf...and he told her...i was also his bf...OH MY GOD!!....;9(...and the river hwang ho started to pour!.....
...to be cont'd

No comments: